Old November 12th 19, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 1-26 Racing

Hi Bob, there is a nice D model (I think havent looked in a week) listed on the 1-26 assoc web site. It was owned by a pretty active old racer in TX who passed away. But its priced way at the top of the 1-26 market. I’ll tell ya, I kind of like the A-B models better myself. They do climb better on a weak day and if its gonna be a day of gangbuster lift, you can always load em up with weight to get that faster l/d and penetration. The D-E you just dont have the option on the light end, but there better for working the ridge running if thats your thing.

The A-B’s are a little more reasonably priced, with the B being a good choice, factory built, has all metal wings, if a guy is worried about minimizing fabric dealings. Send this guy my email and I would be happy to link up with if he finds something to buy and wants another set of eyes to check it out. I am headed to central FL on wed to pick up a B project that I will be building up probably as a second racer for our club. The price was too good to refuse. lol
Dan