Old January 3rd 20, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Turkey Vulture

Default Kobo vs Nook

On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 5:04:30 PM UTC-4, 6PK wrote:
David, much appreciate the information, I will give it a try..

I wanted to update this thread with some info on the Kobo GLO.
It has worked without issue for me for two seasons.
However, It will no longer allow any updating whatsoever via PC connection.

I have now found out that after uploading TopHat to the GLO, your ability to connect it to a computer again is not possible. The software has some issue with the USB cable. Checking on the Top Hat messageboards suggests others have had the same issue without resolution. I'm not sure if this is the same as XCSoar.
So, if you upload everything correctly the first time, you will have a nice glider computer, but it's bricked.

If someone has a solution I'm all ears but I just purchased a Mini on eBay.

So, Kobo users: go with the Mini, not the GLO!