Old July 7th 04, 06:07 PM
Lee Elson

Yossarian wrote in message .97.142...
I'm planning my 250 nm XC for my instrument rating and would like to do a
PAR approach at Pt. Mugu naval airfield (NTD) in CA on my way back from San
Luis Obispo. How would I file that? I will be coming down V25, should I
expect the IAF to be VTU? Is there any way to indicate in the flight plan
that I would like a practice approach there on my way back to Hawthorne?
Perhaps "PRAC APPCH NTD" in the remarks section?

Awhile back, I asked Mugu Approach about doing a PAR. They said it
wasn't possible. I think it was due to lack of staffing. This was on a
weekend but I wouldn't be surprised if they won't allow it during the
week either.

Lee Elson