Old October 5th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Most Dangerous Time?

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 06:52:37 -0700 (PDT), "Ol Shy & Bashful"
wrote:

hat is the most dangerous time of any flight? On average, when should
a pilot be the most aware of what is going on? Gonna post this on
student forum too. Should be most interesting.
Ol SS aka Ol S&B (ol **** stirrer)
I hope we can steer this forum to a helpful and informative forum and
get away from the personal bull**** attacks.
Do you want to participate or just tagged as someone who doesn't know
their ass from a hole in the ground?
I really invite more participation by the pilots who are still low
time and need some good advice. There are a lot of people with lots of
diverse experience here to help out. I have no vested interest except
for that implied assist to those who ask for help?
As an assist ..when are you the most heavy? Lowest? Are you still in
the "GO" mode and ready to find yourself behind the events and the
aircraft?
Give it some thought and response.
Ol SS

the most dangerous time on any flight is the short period after any or
all of the following:
-the mechanical failure,
-the fuel starvation becomes evident,
-the weather clags in around you,
-cumulo granite approaches,
-you run into another aircraft,
-you realise that that last missed opportunity really was the very
last chance you had of coming out of the situation alive.

Actually, the last makes all the others redundant.

Bertie