Old October 5th 03, 02:15 PM

"Trentus" wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, I'm only just beginning my enquiries into this field,
what is a CFI licence?

No problem. A CFI is a "Certified Flight Instructor". Over here,
once you have one, you can teach others learning to fly and get them
to both pay for you and the helicopter. The hours you and your
student accumulate count in your logbook toward your total hours. The
helicopter hours are the most expensive part of getting a license.

Regarding the IT degree, I was using that to put the costs in perspective.
The IT industry over here has also died, people once on $128 per hour, are
now back to $35k - $40k annual.

People over here with an IT degree are back to $0 annual or are
working at McDonalds flipping burgers. Of course, that's a whole
other story.

My personal goal with getting a helicopter license is simply to have
fun. If I can one day get a job flying, that would be wonderful, but
I'm not betting the farm on it. If you examine the evidence, you will
find that, for the most part, helicopters are not really practical
unless you own one. If you have to rent one, you have to drive to the
airport where they keep them and fly from there. If you had a fixed
wing license, you'd have to do exactly the same thing.

Dennis.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."
To find out what an H-1B is and how they are putting
Americans out of work, visit the following web site
and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news video:
http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm