Old October 6th 03, 11:02 AM
ryuzu

The Flying Instruction route is a common entry point however the research I
did into this did throw up one point that's worth bearing in mind. In
Australia you can get a HCPL with 105hrs, but need 400hrs to be able to
instruct.

So you need to factor in those additional 295hrs when looking at the costs
to get to CFI.

At least that's how I understand it.

r.

Have you considered a CFI license? Over here, a lot of guys get that
before going all out commercial. That way, other people are paying
you to get more hours in a helicopter. I don't know anything about
the license structure over in AU, but I assume its similar.

Pardon my ignorance, I'm only just beginning my enquiries into this
field, what is a CFI licence?