Old February 11th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

Default Why airplanes taxi

On Feb 6, 5:53*pm, Clark wrote:
"Snowbird" wrote in news:cGqqj.484$aX.475
@read4.inet.fi:

"Mxsmanic" wrote ...

The corollary to that would logically be that any object entering the
atmosphere from outer space would instantly decelerate to zero speed.

Only with infinite friction.

I'm just applying your flavor of logic.

I think the meaning of logic got slighty warped as Mx's spacecraft passed
the most recent black hole. ;-)

The statement that started this thread was fundamentally incorrect. *I've
illustrated why.

Nope. Show me a wheelless airplane taxiing. Skis don't count ;-)

Would a PBY on the water do?

--
---
there should be a "sig" here- Hide quoted text -

Now, that's a beautiful plane. I fell in love with that plane ever
since I watched Jaque Cousteau. I fell in love with the Hughes 300
helicopter ever since I watched Jack 'what's his name' of Mutual of
Omaha.

If I ever win the lottery, the PBY would be my traveling machine for
sure.

Wil