Old July 11th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Developing A "Hot Spot" Map

noel.wade wrote:

Anyone think this is interesting enough to give it a whirl?

I think it's quite interesting and worth pursuing. Winpilots
implementation seems like a good approach, but I not heard anyone
discuss it's worth, and I've seen only the most limited of comments on ras.

Here are some links from people that have pursued this idea in the past.
They seem to be current:

http://www.diff.net/peter/thinking/thermalfinder/

http://www.friulano.it/t2t_eng.htm

http://soaringtools.com/

http://www.pfg.dk/termikanalyse/

A serach for "thermal finder", etc, might yield a few more sites.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org