Old May 23rd 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SeeYou 3D and Google Earth

a écrit :
Have any of you been able to use Google Earth 3D maps with SeeYou
for 3D representations of flights. I think SeeYou 3D is excellent in
all respects except for the detail of their 3D maps. Google Earth is at
least a couple of magnitudes better in detail. With a fast computer, a
good video card and the modern MSN 3D software I have to believe that
SeeYou 3D with Google Earth should result in spectacular 3D flight
presentations. Anyone done it?

Not with Google Earth but with NASA OnEarth Landsat 15 m resolution
pictures, yes (the same that are used in NASA WorldWind and WinPilot3D
which is based on WorldWind)

See
http://meteo.deltafox.net/landsat.html for how download the pictures
in your area

and http://coupedusudouest.free.fr/ for 15m sat pictures in .cmr files
ready for use in SeeYou for SW France and Morocco

--
Denis

R. Parce que ça rompt le cours normal de la conversation !!!
Q. Pourquoi ne faut-il pas répondre au-dessus de la question ?