Old October 6th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Glass cockpit hard to read

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Arno writes:

I am computer scientist and usually really like fancy technology. But
I just had my first flight with a "glass" PFD (Avidyne) and must say I
am not impressed. In particular reading altitude and airpeed from
these scrolling bands requires a lot more attention than with regular
gauges, just like reading a digital clock takes longer than reading an
analog one. Glancing at it and checking against a known picture, like
"speed at 3 o'clock is fine on final" or "altitude at 20 minutes past
midnight is minimum", just does not work anymore, instead I end up
reading the actual numbers every time I look. Does anyone feel the
same? Am I missing a particular technique?

It is a matter of habit and personal preference.

No, it isn't, fjukkwit.

This ios almost the dumbest thng you've ever said.

bertie