Old April 1st 11, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default Sun 'N Fun ... not so, today!

On Apr 1, 8:11*am, Tony wrote:
On Apr 1, 9:41*am, GARY BOGGS wrote:

Two words. * Adequate tie-downs

Boggs.

I forgot to say how sorry I am that this storm damaged so many
beautiful ships My condolences go out to the owners. Poor tie downs
is one of my biggest pet peeves. A 30 inch auger will not pull up out
of the ground.

Boggs

On Mar 31, 5:00*pm, "Larry Goddard" wrote:

Sun 'N Fun.... Looks like they had neither today!!!

http://tinyurl.com/4vlzvf4

Larry

i saw at least one picture of a totally destroyed airplane (Kitfox)
that was still tied down. *the tiedowns pulled through the wings and
the tail was broken in half. *Also heard reports from other aviation
webboards that many planes with popular robust tiedowns (like The
Claw) had the tiedowns pulled out of the ground. *The ground looked
like totally saturated mud, i imagine it would be hard to tie anything
down in mud with an F1 tornado in the vicinity.