Old March 14th 21, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

Default Glidecoat.com Ceramic Coating for gel coat marine good for gliders?

On Saturday, 13 March 2021 at 20:02:17 UTC, 2G wrote:
Ceramic coatings are not "snake oil" - they work.

I have used this ceramic coating on my ASH31Mi:

They are used on offshore wind turbine blades, and on trains to aid cleaning and make graffiti easier to remove. Whether the one in the original post is similar formulation, I don't know.

Instinctively I feel the time to use this is on virgin surface after refinish, either new paint or a light sand over removing e.g. spar ripple and weave pattern etc, rather than something that's already had other treatment a few seasons.

I may be wrong. Maybe some more research or experimentation ...