Old July 20th 05, 11:48 PM
G. Sylvester

I flew my 182 into Logan, Philly, Washington National and a few other
fairly busy airports. They had no problem at all handling me with the
jets. They usually brought me in on a close-in pattern and I landed on
a runway other than what the airliners were using. I don't have any
problem with a little crosswind and it worked out great.

I flew into LAS after 160 hours TT and no IFR (now I got it) about
a year ago. It was no big deal at all. They asked me a few
times if I really meant LAS versus North Las Vegas but no big
deal. It was a quiet night though. Going out, again no big deal
even though they had be departing in the middle of 5 HP A320's, 4 SW
737's, a CO 757 and a few corporate jets and I was in a bug smashing
'PA-28-181 Heavy.'

Now taxiing is a whole 'nother adventure at airports like that... :-)

I didn't have to go far at LAS. But today I was flying out of
Denver on United and I couldn't even follow the calls....actually
some of them I could but man, that sounds complicated.

gerald