Old December 11th 04, 05:52 PM
Jose

I've tried that, and lost too much resolution.

What's the trick to compressing pix without losing clarity?

How much is "too much"? Send me a sample of what you consider "too
much loss". (for Email, use teacher, follow it with jh, the snail,
and the domain of that place in Vienna VA.)

Yes, you lose some, but in the context of that particular page, it
doesn't really matter. You can have a prettier picture on the page
the thumbnail links to, and I think people would rather have the page
load fast than load pretty.

I compressed it to 2K and it looked fine (though not quite as good as
the one that takes up five times as many bytes).

The "trick" might be different software. Some does a better job. I
use iphoto+ 4.0, which came with my (cheap) scanner and it works fine.

Jose
--
Freedom. It seemed like a good idea at the time.