Old December 19th 07, 12:15 AM posted to sci.military.naval, rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack Linthicum

Default OT old tidbit - valid +

On Dec 18, 7:05 pm, Yeff wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:00:25 -0800, a425couple wrote:
Well, we had recently had Cmd. Gen., change of command. Then this new
Col. arrives and has change of command ceremony taking command of a
Regt. Very soon after (that night? within a week!), he gets caught
by MPs driving drunk (too good a wetting down party!).

There was just something about the PI that made people stupid. At Clark
it would've been the 500+ bars within five miles of the main gate...

--

-Jeff B. (who only visited 432 of those bars during a four year tour)

"Excuse me.
I don't mean to impose,
but I am the Ocean."

~ The Salton Sea

I would like to nominate the Chaplain that got a hand grenade in his
car. Local Catholic chaplain lived in a house across from the O Club
with his mother. (He threw us out when arrived, the Admiral didn't
want him up in married officers country). He drove one of those basic
Mercedes, the ones that became taxis. He sold it to some guy outside
(Olongopo) and when the hired driver went to take it out the gate
there was a regular tumping sound under the hood. Hand Grenade
formerly taped to the engine block and the pin wired to the fan belt.

Captain at Cubi came home to find two guys carrying his TV out the
back door. No TV then at Subic. Captain hired "night gardeners".
Igoritos with blow guns for security duty.

I went to the beach at Cubi one day and drove back the shore road,
came upon some men unloading what looked like a large sailplane out of
a cargo plane. U-2.