Old May 27th 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ted Parvo

Default Looking for info on world record jet aircraft

On May 27, 1:48*pm, "Richard Isakson" wrote:
"Ted Parvo" *wrote in message

I'm looking for *verification for a claimed Guinness World Record for
World's smallest jet aircraft. A BD5.
The link on the Guinness site has not worked for months. I have
contacted them, and through email exchanges, their representative has
indicated they have no knowledge of this aircraft
The person claiming the record, a guy by the name of Juan Jimenez, has
informed me that the reason I cannot find the record is because I
"have the IQ of a pin", and do not know "which database to search".
I am quite sure I have searched the "correct database", and reasonably
sure the people at Guinness know their own database and how to search
it, but the final response to detailed questions about this BD5 is
that they have no knowledge of it.
Can anyone in this forum shed light on this discrepancy?

Ted,

You may find enlightenment through a search of the archives of this group..
Or you might look up the definition of the word Apteryx.

Rich Isakson

I have done some research, including this forum. There is no record of
flight that I can find, although it has apparently passed some taxi
tests.

I'm curious mostly because Guinness seems to have no official
recollection of the aircraft, which seems odd. Even if the record has
been beat, they should have it in their archives. It is Deregistered,
could that have something to do with it? Or it some sort of scam they
don't want to discuss?