Old May 28th 12, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

Default Looking for info on world record jet aircraft

In a previous article, Bob Moore said:
However....just Google BD-5J and you will find that there have been
several built and I have personally seen one of fly an aerobatic routine
at an airshow.

However the one Jimenez bought, which he claims on Wikipedia "held the
Guiness record for World's Smallest Jet for more than 25 years" has never
been seen to fly. When I pointed that out on the Talk page for the BD5
entry, he got very angry and claimed that he was going to fly it any day
now, while not denying that it has never flown. He hasn't updated that
assertion since 2006.

Jimenez himself, posting as "Flybd5", is the main source for all the
information about it on Wikipedia, you can take anything it says there
with a massive grain of salt. It is currently listed on his web site as
"for sale", again with no indication that it has ever flown, but that page
hasn't been updated in a very long time. http://bd5.com/my5j.htm

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"You are installing Internet Explorer 4.0. Windows NT needs to overwrite