Old December 8th 15, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey Cox

Default Which 18m FES sailplane to buy?

I think all the new generation gliders are sweet.

I think LAK and Alisport were the first manufactures to have the FES installed, and of course Alisport is 13.5m.

I believe the 13.5m gliders are getting high L/D and it seems that FES to them is Front Electric Self-Launch vs the 15-18m FES Front Electric Sustainer.

It seems now the German glider manufactures are installing FES and I think the rest of them as well all manufactures will follow.

One glider you did not list is the Albastar 18G. http://www.gliders-albastar.com/proj...lider-as-18-m/

I can understand why one would want a specific glider if one was planning to compete, but with so many more advantages of having a 13.5m, I wonder why more people do not consider them.