Old October 1st 04, 06:42 PM
Ogden Johnson III

Greasy Rider wrote:

"Thomas Schoene" proclaimed:

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...004/1095702046

If that is a photo of a "minor" incident then I'd hate to see some
serious damage to an aircraft.

The aircraft ran off the runway into a marshy area, at least as
the article describes. By NavAir standards, that probably will
be classed as a "minor" mishap [not incident] based on the $$
amount required to repair the aircraft. What can be seen of the
fuselage/wings doesn't show extensive damage, and the nose end
/may/ not have much damage if it also impacted wet lands rather
than the embankment it is obscured by. It will certainly make a
trip to NARF [or whatever they're calling them these days],
before being returned to VMA-321.
--
OJ III