Old March 21st 04, 10:56 AM
Guy Alcala

Charles Gray wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 04:53:49 GMT, Guy Alcala
wrote:

Dav1936531 wrote:

The $25 million on OBL's head, and the $25 million on Zawahri's haven't talked up
until now. I see the Congress has doubled Osama's bounty to $50 million. Gee, how
likely is it that there's someone out there in the hills of Afghanistan saying to
themselves, "A measly $25 million?!! Why, I wouldn't even consider betraying him
for a nickel less than $50 mill!"

Guy

Among his supporters, you're probably right-- but it will limit his
ability to move out of safe areas where his supporters exist. With a
small bounty, OBL might be able to live in many large cities, trusting
in the people to hide him (or get lost in the crush).

You think $25 million is a SMALL bounty?!?! H'mmm. You're really Bill Gates, and I
claim my 5 pounds ;-)

Also, a 50 mil reward allows the informant to move far away and have
money for good security, somethign that will probably be a wise
precaution...

Yeah, I can just see the average Afghan villager, eking out his existence tending his
goats and his small plot of land, saying to himself, "I just don't see _how_ I could
afford to move away and live elsewhere for _only_ $25 million; I'd need _at least_
another $25 million just for cabfare and tips" ;-)

Guy