Old January 29th 04, 03:54 PM
Doug Taylor

(Mark James Boyd) wrote in message news:401810d2$1@darkstar...

Now I go up in my glider, and I get in straight flight,
and I pull the stick back to the stop, and hold it
perfectly centered for about a minute. If the CG or design
don't allow a continual stall, the glider bucks up and down
in pitch. I try my best to keep it straight, but eventually
a wing drops, and it goes into a bucking spin/spiral.
If the CG or design allow a continued
stall, I try my best to keep it straight, and a wing drops,
and it goes into a spin. If I keep the stick all the way
back and centered, I can change the direction of the
spin with rudder (including a momentary straightness)
but can't keep it straight consistently.

The only aircraft I've been able to do a true full stall
straight falling leaf is in Cezzna 150/152/172s.
Washout, dihedral, huge vertical stab, huge rudder, CG hanging low.
I've never been able to do a straight ahead stall, stick back and
centered for a full minute, in any glider.

You haven't flown a SparrowHawk yet! Couldn't resist a short remark
here. You can even hold the stick full aft AND be fully cross
controlled through a number of pitch breaks in the SparrowHawk.

Doug Taylor