Old December 18th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

Default Bonanza (A36) Approach Speeds

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 06:02:38 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

105 is what they had me flying the ILS in the Deb/F33 at Columbus.
As the foggles/break out did not come off until the MM (200 feet) the
reconfiguration was rather short and quick.

So you broke out at minimums and then configured for landing ? If I
were you I would find a different instructor next year.

Was this during the ABS Bonanza training??

Yup

Does seem like stuffing 10 lbs into a 5 lb bag...

It really isn't all that bad.
It'd be really easy if the trim weren't hidden under the instrument
panel requiring the pilot to lean over to adjust. OTOH it's *coarse*
and takes little movement of the trim wheel. They fixed that around
CD-60 or so.

Roger (K8RI)

Dan