Old May 5th 05, 01:15 PM
OtisWinslow

I've been in AOPA since the late 70s. I become more disillisioned with them
by the year. They're impotent. Recently they shut down their message
board instead of just controlling a couple rogue posters. They put out a
line
that they're just "improving" it .. I guess time will tell on that one. The
DC
ADIZ and the constant pop up 30 mile radius TFRs are still around. They're
a business that sells memberships .. not an an organization for the benefit
of members.

"CJ" wrote in message ...

Y'know, I joined AOPA because of their indignation over Meigs. I'm
ignoring their reinlistment emails because of their inability to do squat.
What was the final fine? $13,000 or something?! And AOPA spent tens of
thousands for that, and acts smug.

Freinds of Meigs needed help. AOPA promised help and threw words at them.
Meigs is toast.

Paraphrasing Boyer, "Your organization is..." nothing.

Damn, I wish Edward Abbey was still alive (and a pilot)!

- cj