Old July 10th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Grumman 236

Default Anywhere Map WX vs Garmin 396

I've owned AnywhereMap for about four years and am quite satisfied with
it. It's been reliable and the newest version is tight on all the most
important features. I do not currently have weather on it but would
like to add that soon.

Did you know that the 28-day update subscription on database changes is
only $95 per year for AnywhereMap? Nobody I know comes anywhere near
that. If I owned a Garmin or Lowrance, I might not be willing to pay
the three or four times that amount per year to keep the database up to
date.

Kyle Boatright wrote:
From my buddies at the airport to this newsgroup, there is a lot of interest
in the Garming 396. No doubt it is a fine system with great features.

Why don't I hear anyone talking about the AnywhereMap WX, which seems to
have a roughly equivalent feature set for $800-$1,000 less up front cost?

Thoughts?

Anyone own (or borrow) an AnywhereMap WX and care to comment?

KB