Old July 12th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

Default Anywhere Map WX vs Garmin 396

I've had the AWM system for 2-3 years with Wx. There have been some
problems with software, and I consider Control Vision to be somewhat
sloppy, although in their defence I recognize the difficulty of making
all their features work with the big variety of PDAs that people use.

They have many extended features (gliding range circles to passing
airports) but most of the fancy stuff is just that to me - I don't
really need the built-in logbook, for example.

I do like having a single PDA that I can use both for flying and other
purposes.

On the other hand, my experience with Garmin has been that the
equipment is much more reliable.

I made a recent IFR trip in rain and found the Wx display on the Ipaq
to be accurate and wonderfully helpful.