Old September 30th 04, 06:58 AM
Mark James Boyd

Can anyone give me some ideas.... and do other clubs let their ships for
short cross country runs?

-mat

Avenal encourages X-C, but then again it's nothing but flat
fields in all directions for the most part, and our gliders are
very cheap (all under $10k) so there is little financial risk.

Another club, BASA, has quite pricey gliders and lots of X-C,
but requires a minimum Private Glider license to fly the Pegasi or
1-34 or DG-1000 or Grob 103. And requires one maintain a 2/3
glide ratio to a known landable field for all flights.

If X-C isn't alowed in your club's ships, then maybe a
private sub-club with its own glider is in order.
If there's enough folks interested, then the demand is there, right?
--

Mark J. Boyd