Old October 2nd 03, 07:53 PM
Andrew Gideon

jfee wrote:

You dont' even need them to cya, as long as you get a briefing through
Duats (which is built-in to flitestar).

Can you get reasonable TFR data from Flightstar? Regular duats is
completely worthless for TFRs in my opinion.

I was speaking to Millville today, and was given a TFR for some sporting
event. The briefer had the exact time of the TFR's start. I expressed
pleased surprise that she was now being given that information. Alas: the
briefers do it themselves, or get the times from pilots that call.

Still, that's something that doesn't happen with DUATS.

I agree with the folks that supplement their computer briefings with FSS.

That's what I do. It's just one extra person looking at the weather, which
costs nothing and might turn out to be very useful some day.

Besides: they're nice people, and speaking to an additional nice person in a
day is no bad thing.

- Andrew