Old January 19th 20, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Lowest power tow

On Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 10:30:51 PM UTC-7, wrote:
What's the lowest power tow plane you've ever seen or towed by? An Examiner of mine said his was a C150 with 100hp. I also once saw paperwork for an 85hp Luscombe to tow.

Essex & Suffolk GC had an Auster A5J and a Rollason Condor D.62C (130hp). After a mishap with the Auster, the club acquired another Condor D.62A (100hp). The A version only towed single seaters. I could see the stall warning light going on and off in the Condor panels at times from the glider end..