Old April 24th 05, 11:58 AM
Cub Driver

On 23 Apr 2005 19:21:13 -0700, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

I often wonder how the internet will affect this phenomenon. Now that
it is possible to have "next-day-air" delivery virtually anywhere, and
you can order anything instantly off the internet, how long will it be
until people REALLY disperse all over the countryside, completely
dispensing with the rudiments of what we consider "community"...?

Well, speaking in terms of states (rather than dispersal within
states), OpinionJournal
http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110006596 has a chart of
projected population growth by 2030.

The fastest-growing states by 2030 are shown as Nevada, Arizona,
Florida, Texas, Utah, Idaho, North Carolina, Georgia, Washington, and
Oregon.

Except for New Hampshire (15th: ugh!), the Northeast is essentially
irrelevant.

The top ten states in 2030 are shown are California, Texas, Florida,
New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania, North Carolina (!), Georgia, Ohio,
and Arizona.

Florida displacing New York at 3! North Carolina displacing Ohio at 7!

Don't give all the credit to the internet. UPS has a lot to do with
it, too

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum: