Old September 11th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default A gaggle of questions about traning from an old geezer...

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

I've got one tenth of your experience so take my point of view from that: I
think doing some actual with a student shortly before he's cut loose is a
tremendous confidence builder.

With all due respect to Bob's accomplishments...

So do I.

Most of my training was in VMC, with the instructor able to change plans
at will. We requested and got clearance to fly holds in the clouds
(with a tinge of ice!), and flew some of the cross country time in IMC,
one from minimums to minimums.

The hood also doesn't provide the effects of busting in and out of the
clouds.