Old May 26th 19, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default ASH25 out to kill you?

On Sat, 25 May 2019 18:35:02 -0700, Charlie Quebec wrote:

Having just started flying a flapped glider, I have found very little
difference in ease of flying. The flaps are used in much the same way as
elevator trim.

Yes, I agree with you - once you've made that transition. It did take me
a bit longer to be in the right flap setting at all times (ASW-20) than
it did to 'get' correct trimmer use in unflapped gliders (ASK-21/SZD
Junior/Discus 1/Pegase 90).

What I was getting at is the learning curve in both switching from from a
more or less infinitely variable trim control to using flaps with only
four or so settings and in getting used to the smaller attitude change
you generally see with flaps as you change flying speed.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org