Old June 23rd 04, 03:43 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 03:13:20 GMT, "Dale Larsen"
wrote:

The local FSDO has this form they want submitted before scheduling an
inspection. It asks for (1) "Net empty C.G. range" and (2) "Loaded C.G.
limits".

Now I know that my C.G. has to fall within 15-28% of chord, and I can easily
figure that out. It works out to 77.95 to 84.84 inches aft of datum. This
is what I would think is the "Loaded C.G. limits". My empty C.G. is 78.48
which is within the limits. But what the hell is: "Net empty C.G. range"?

-Confuzed

I think you've got it right.

have you got a removable fuel tank?
the auster has a number of empty weights.
belly tank on/off
metal/wood prop (involves additional tail ballast for the metal prop)
exhaust manifold and rear facing pipe. (involves additional tail
ballast as well)
may explain it.
Stealth Pilot
Australia