Old January 5th 17, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default JS3 chatter

On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 20:28:19 UTC+2, wrote:
I am sure, and have been told by people who have seen it, that it is a good sized cockpit but I can't see the relevance of judging an obviously different newly designed fuselage and cockpit to the ASH 26. The JS1?- fair enough. But not the JS3.

I think this was dicussed earlier, but judging from the photos JS3 fuselage shape is extremely close/identical to JS1 which is "borrowed" aerodynamically from ASH 26. I do not wan't to downplay the importance of new structure, wing-fuselage junction and several other detail improvements, and the design work associated, but general shape still looks identical to '26. Making small size cockpit is just plain stupid, people are not getting smaller in future.