Old April 14th 05, 09:33 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:AZz7e.14314$xL4.12721@attbi_s72...
Gas prices, on the other hand, are plain as day transparent, and people
are already ****ed as hell.

No actually there not plain as day. When I pull up to the pump see that gas
is $2.479/gal I have no idea what part of that is tax.

In Arkansas the same goes for liquor tax. It is built into the advertised
price but not by law only by tradition. I owned a liquor store for a few
years and considered advertising the retail price and then adding the state
liquor and state, county and local sales taxes at the register.

My employees freaked out at the idea. They felt the customers would get
****ed and they were right.