Old April 14th 05, 11:55 PM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:34A7e.14321$xL4.3090@attbi_s72...
Martin, I don't know what kind of propaganda they've been feeding you in
Austria, but in America no one cares about who's paying for the bills here
until after the emergency medical services are rendered.

That (probably) depends on the emergency.

Both times I was admitted to the ER with a collapsed lung, they made sure
they had my insurance information before I was treated.

As usual, you seem to be living in a different America than many of the rest
of us.

And, in fact, we *do* have nationalized health care in this country for
the indigent. Those who deny this fact clearly have no concept of how our
medical system works.

Tell that to the local homeless people my wife and I help feed on a weekly
basis. I'm sure they'd love to hear how they shouldn't have had to pay
their medical expenses after all.

See above.

Pete