Old October 15th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kobra[_5_]

Default Yesterday's instrument approaches - Video

"Joe Chisolm" wrote in message
m...
A Lieberma wrote:
Yesterday's instrument approach workout and it was a mental workout!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RChXbsb-gUc

ILS approaches over at HKS Hawkins Jackson MS and VOR Alpha back to
Madison.

True workout which I only made it on top of the overcast for a
blissful 30 seconds and the entire flight other then take off and
landing was in solid IMC.

Amazing when a little light turbulence is tossed in how much it adds
to the workload.

Winds at 2000 feet were running 20 knots, and on the surface was
running 5 to 10 knots, which made for harder tracking of the
localizer. I really can appreciate that need to be knocking out
approaches once a week as it had been three weeks since I had done
approaches and I really felt rusty. Again could have been conditions
upping the anti while IMC but I was really whipped mentally.

The approaches once I broke out in VMC, I went visual and didn't
maintain glide slope down to the middle marker, as I needed the
"break" of scanning at the gauges, so yes, my approaches will be below
VASI / PAPI indications once I knew I had the runway made.

I included times "edited out" so one can get a feel how much in gaps I
cut out which in the full scheme of things wasn't that long on my
descents..

What software did you use to edit the video and add titles, etc?

He uses MS Movie Maker that comes with Windows

Kobra