Old June 27th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Tankfixer

Default This News Group

In article ,
mumbled
Me again...remember going through Jet Transition at NAS (then) Olathe,
Kansas, and confronting the jet-vs-prop sink-rate problem in the F9F-5
Panther with the breakaway fence at the end of the runway that simply bent
down and sprung back up when you banged it on your first jet solo. Remember
later when the bent-wing Cougar defied everything you ever learned about
sink rate and ... well, that's a long time ago.

My father-in-law was stationed there in the late 1950's.
My wife was born in Yoder KS while they were there.

IIRC he was working on A3D by then after starting out in PBY's in
1941...

--
Usenetsaurus n. an early pedantic internet mammal, who survived on a
diet of static text and