Old June 7th 19, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Transponder check

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 5:53:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I obediently had my Trig 22 two-yearly check done today. The tech brought out his hand-held device, and the check was done. 10mins and $200.

Musing on this cost, which was more than my last annual, it occurred to me, that the previous day I had obtained a free FAA report on my adsb/transponder in flight, which was satisfactory.

I know the feeling, but the equipment is expensive to purchase and upgrade when necessary. I don't think anyone is getting wealthy doing transponder checks.

Mike