Old December 12th 12, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Power Flarm Display

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:17:39 AM UTC-8, Morteza Ansari wrote:
Not sure which butterfly display we are talking about, but the rectangular display that comes with the brick is anything but *useless* to anyone flying with polarized sun glasses. It is polarized incorrectly which means if you mount it in horizontal orientation you see practically nothing on the display.

Yes, but it works just fine with my polarized glasses in the vertical mode. So I made a bracket to hold it at the edge of the glareshield to the left of center.

Since the device and display are rotatable in increments of 90 degrees, and since all LCD displays I've seen are polarized in one plane or another, Butterfly had to pick one knowing full well that it would please some and offend others of the polarized sun glassed crowd. No way for them to win!

bumper