Old February 22nd 18, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default Condor2, inbound on final glide!

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 7:06:07 PM UTC-8, sisu1a wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/CondorSim/

Condor2 is finally here/around the corner. The new site is up, the old forum imported to the new one, and the store is up (buy links not active yet but prices are there)

http://www.condorsoaring.com/order/?cn-reloaded=1#

http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/ (old forum towards bottom, threads still active)

Yay!

I flew with Condor2 for an hour last night and was favorably impressed. Aside from the graphics improvements, the glider's handling and response (Dana 2) seemed more realistic. Thermals seemed a bit wider in diameter with the core lift falling off at a more gradual rate, making it much easier to center lift. I always felt the thermals were unrealistically tight in the original Condor. Towing is MUCH better with a longer rope. I set up a wave situation and was able to find and stay in lift. I couldn't get any lennys to show up though. Flying in ridge lift seemed about the same. The lack of airplanes is a concern, especially since it looks like they will be selling individual planes for 8-12 euro each. that might hurt organized competitions like nightly soaring that count on everyone having the same class or model of ship for many races. Looking forward to participating in the first real race...