Old April 1st 04, 12:30 PM
Dan Thompson

What I would do if you have time is fly to the location where the gyro
repair facility is located, and have them, or a shop on that field they
recommend, do the remove and install. I did that with an attitude indicator
once, had to fly about 150 miles and spend a few hours, but the instrument
worked perfectly for years and was still going when I sold that plane.
Doing it that way eliminates the possiblity of shipping damage. Also if the
instrument is DOA you can just go get another one right quick. And if the
instrument fails long before it should, it keeps the instrument house from
blaming UPS or the bozo installer, the installer blaming the crappy
instrument house or UPS, etc. etc.

"Roger Long" om wrote in
message ...
We need to buy a new DG for our 172 N immediately. Any PIREP's on a good
place to buy (or avoid) much appreciated.

--
Roger Long