Old February 14th 04, 02:12 AM
R&R Sherwood

Default Glasair 1-RG first flight

I now know the adrenaline rush that other builders get during their projects
first flight. Last Jan 17th, after 11 years building, my Glasair 1-RG and
I took to the sky. First flight was cut short because of high oil temps,
I think the temps are now cured. So far we have 8 flights, testing gear
retraction and start exploring both ends of the speed envelope, 205 MPH to
date, will continue opening the envelop as flights progress. This Glasair
is powered by a 230 HP, Subaru EG-33 removed from an SVX. Propeller is
an MTV-18, 3-blade electric constant speed.
Russell Sherwood
Houston TX