Old October 3rd 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Our own BB (John Cochrane) on NPR

On Oct 3, 1:37*pm, BB wrote:

We lost, RIP free markets. Back to more important issues, like club
class.

John

Thanks for trying to fight the good fight, John! As someone who was/
is considering buying his first home this winter, the crisis has been
the subject of intensive study and scrutiny by myself over the last
few weeks. I'll spare the RAS board the long opinion/rant that could
follow; I just hope all the financial companies are happy they're
going to be able to prop up home prices (and thus sell me a larger
mortgage) AND get 50 cents on the dollar from the Gov't (taxpayers)
instead of the 5 or 10 cents on the dollar that their securities are
worth. *sigh*

Aaaanyways, I hope the Club vs. Sports class argument has a much more
common-sense set of results in the end!

Take care,

--Noel