Old February 10th 04, 07:51 PM
M. H. Greaves

thank you for that!
"Mike Marron" wrote in message
"W. D. Allen Sr." wrote:
"M. H. Greaves" wrote:

i read this in a book one night, an extract by Spike Milligan; "flying

in
itself is not inherently dangerous; crashing IS"!!
just a little quip, but so true, hadnt thought of it that way!!

"Hours and hours of boredom punctuated by moments of stark terror!"

Personally, I've never bought into either one of those oft-repeated
sayings. Flying IS inherently dangerous and anyone who flies around
"bored" for hours is obviously in the wrong business. I'm never bored
when I fly. Truth be known, I thrive on that low-level feeling of
anxiety I get when flying...

Student pilot--a Cessna pilot

Private pilot--a renter pilot

Commercial pilot--a pilot in debt

Physician pilot--a Bonanza pilot

Helicopter pilot--a doomed pilot

Flight Instructor--starving pilot

A "real" pilot-- a multi-engine pilot

Fearless pilot--a kitplane pilot

Cocky pilot--a fighter pilot

Wheelchair pilot--a former ultralight pilot

Super pilot--a test pilot

Airline Captain--God pilot

A junior airline pilot--a furloughed pilot

Grounded pilot--a broke pilot

Hang gliding pilot--flies in a leg cast

Ex-pilot--a newlywed pilot

Anti-pilot--a homeowner