Old December 31st 03, 01:23 PM
Lou Parker

RR Urban wrote in message . ..
(-=:|SAJAN|:=-) wrote:

Well as far as i know the concept of home homebuilt aircraft is very
vague because it would work only the aircraft controls are very easy
to understand or a person building it a pilot himself, else, either
the aircraft would crash or it wouldn't take-off. The second thing is
that if they are factory made then such aircrafts would be too costly
to be owned by a common man. Is there really any cheap and durable
homebuilt aircraft?

A USED certified aircraft is the USA is USUALLY cheaper to
purchase than constructing an equivalent NEW homebuilt.

One can USUALLY buy a used homebuilt cheaper than
a comparable one can be built new.

CAUTION:
Before you take me to task for my statements.....
be sure to read carefully for full understanding.

Barnyard BOb -- almost common man

This statement isn't exactly true. As per usual Bob didn't do his
homework. Yes you can buy a used, certified aircraft for less then
completing most homebuilt kits. Example, I can buy a mid 60's Cessna
150 for appox. $18-20,000 and fly today. But look at what you get, a
powerplant that is 40 years old, been rebuilt at least twice or more,
and timed out. Add $15,000 within 2 years. Seats that are worn to the
point of replacement, at least one instument will need replacing
immediatly, and one at a time within the next few years will need
repair or replacement. Although the person selling the plane will tell
you "all a/d's have been done, it has been my experience that there is
always one not done. Not to mention what was missed "accidently" on
the last anual. I hope you get the point. After 4-5 years of building
a plane, you have a brand new plane that will probebly last you a
lifetime. Own a 40 year old trainer for 5 years and tell me you spent
less money and have any thing worth what a 5 year old, one owner plane
is worth.