Old January 31st 15, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skywise

Default video - pilot runs out of fuel, pops parachute

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

If you're a programmer, you know that nearly 50% of the code in any
project is related to error handling routines.

Or more.

Most of my code is for myself. Programming is a tool for me to be
able to accomplish something else. So for the most part I dispense
with all the extra stuff because I know what to NOT do. Although I
still have to deal with input, because a lot of my programs are
reading someone elses database and crunching the data. There's
always errors in the input that I have to look out for.

Now, for the very few programs I've intended for public consumption,
80% of the code is for the user interface and error handling.
Perhaps more. Modern GUI's are very code intensive.

Brian
--
http://www.earthwaves.org/forum/index.php - Earth Sciences discussion
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?