View Single Post
Old January 30th 17, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ben Coleman
external usenet poster

Default Thoughts on panel upgrade?

On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 07:59:46 UTC+11, Paul wrote:
Thanks for all the input! I'm really glad to hear my vario should still be able to function OK (not hobbled by old pressure transducers or slow CPU).

My Kobo isn't tied to the vario, but I'm going to look into doing that, as waremark mentioned. The odd vertical thing is a G meter, by the way. The dash speaker is inop, there's a speaker in back, so that space is available. I think I'll just paint, label and maybe rearrange (thx for the suggestions, ND) the panel, and leave well enough alone... for now!

I changed out my lnav/gps-nav for a S100 last season. I was tired of making cables to integrate the Lnav with my XCSoar tablet and never quite getting it to work - though that doesn't impact soaring performance. I have been very happy with the S100 and the clean integration using bluetooth. The beep generator (vario) seems to work well. I am using electronic TE compensation as I found I had a TE leak which was probably impacting my Lnav performance as they are generally held in high regard yet mine never seemed quite right.

Cheers Ben