Old October 16th 19, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default RIP John Shelton, Pez D Spencer

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 12:11:19 PM UTC-7, Papa3 wrote:
On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 2:46:20 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
John was great. And for those who didn't know, his actual contest ID was 05 or "Zero Sinko" in Spanglish.
The Region 12 t-shirt that was derived from a Volkswagen slogan was the best comp shirt ever! Pez is wearing it on the home page and elsewhere.
Jim

My two Fukenboomin shirts are prized posessions.

I still have two unworn t shirts with the bikini clad babes and a glider. Also a “Mario’s Land-out camp Survivor” shirt with the English and Spanish messages. You had to land out to get one. Mario was famous for over calling tasks. John did the shirts without his knowledge and had great pleasure in presenting them to the losers (winners.). I don’t think Mario got one, but there are several out there.

Bruce Patton