Old May 12th 04, 05:44 AM
clay thomas

(Kirk Stant) wrote in message . com...
As I understand the latest Region 9 newsletter, the current plan is
for the majority of gliders at Parowan to rig/derig everyday.

To me, at least, this is unacceptable. Please, if this is what is
definitely going to happen, let me know ASAP so plans can be changed.

I really want to race at Parowan (having flown there before); and one
of the pleasures of a week of intense flying is just that - flying,
not rigging everyday. And I'm not thrilled about counting on "first
come, first served" for the few available paved tiedowns.

I realize ramp space will be at a premium, and if there is no other
realistic alternative I can live with that, but in that case I would
like to know it now so I can change my plans and let someone else
enjoy the contest. I really don't care where I have to tie down - up
at the north end, or in the "grass" on the side of the taxiway - it's
easy and quick to hook up a towbar and tow to the grid, and I will
bring my own tiedown stakes if needed.

I hope this can be resolved, I'm really looking forward to the race.

Kirk Stant
66

Kirk,
I have seen some serious winds come through Parowan so putting it back
in the box is not a bad idea. If you have your own anchors, I am sure
you will have no trouble finding a place to tie down. I have heard
that the "screw in" anchors are fairly effective. Having said that,I
am sure there are several pilots that would be happy to take your
place!
Clay Thomas