Old March 19th 04, 10:52 AM
JohnN3TWN

I said I would just mention this and that I didn't want to discuss this. If
you notice I said that there is only an implication of this in the parts sales
from the original manufacturer. Regardless what EIA says and does in reference
to the transistor, the airframe manufacturer "might" perform their own
qualitative testing on said tranistor and if that happens, their testing
becomes a part of the TYPE CERTIFICATE DATA. Once that happens, they put a
manufacturer's part number on it and it becomes a considerably more grey area
if you can use a 2N3055 or Piper part number so and so.

Read the entire text of AC 20-62 it does mention "industry standard parts"
such as bolts and nuts and even mentions standard electronic parts.

Yes, I agree, the manufacturer will sell it at a 100X mark up, the sad part is
that I've seen many times they won't even bother to put it in a different box

Cheers